5 Energy Saving Tips
There are many simple changes you can make in your everyday life that can help save energy. Listed below are five changes that will save energy and save money.
- Turn off lights. If there are lights on in a room that is unoccupied, then you are wasting energy, remembering to turn the lights off when you leave a room can be a big help.
- Unplugging electronics and appliances or plugging them into a power strip and turning the power strip off when they are not being used. Believe it or not appliances and electronics still draw electricity if they aren’t in use and simply plugged in.
- Regulating your water usage can save energy. By using less water, your hot water heater won’t have to use energy to heat more water. You can also save energy by adjusting the temperature on your hot water heater.
- Upgrading your thermostat to one you can program to adjust the heat/air-conditioning while your not home. Also when the weather is nice opening your windows to cool your home instead of using the air-conditioning.
- Replace your current light fixtures with energy efficient fixtures or replace your light bulbs with energy efficient light bulbs. According to energy.gov you could save $75.00 per year by changing five of your most frequently used lights with Energy Saver bulbs.
These are just a few of the many changes that can be made in your household to save energy.