Looking for pricing on propane for your home or business?
Sheller Propane FAQ
- What Fuels do you deliver?
We offer home delivery of Propane.
- What is your delivery area?
Sheller Propane serves the following locations in Chester County: West Chester, West Goshen, Coatesville, Downingtown, Exton, Chester Springs, Malvern, Thorndale, Chadds Ford, Paoli, Kennett Square, Parkesburg, Glenmoore, Honey Brook, Phoenixville, Berwyn, Devon,
Glen Mills, Sadsburyville
- Do you offer any discounts:
Yes. We offer a Senior Discount to anyone 65 years of age or older and a Veterans Discount to any active or retired members of the armed forces
- Do you have a minimum delivery?
Yes. Minimum delivery amount varies based on your tank size.
- Is the price different between automatic & will call deliveries?
No. We offer the same prices to both Will Call and Automatic customers
- Is there any added fees on propane deliveries?
No. Sheller Propane does not charge any additional fees.
- What level should my tank be for me to schedule a delivery, as a Will Call customer?
Your propane tank should be between 25-30%. We request 2 business days’ notice to get your delivery out.
- Why do you I have to have leak check on the first delivery?
Our insurance company requires that we make sure that there are no leaks on the property for the customers and employees’ safety.
- How soon can I get a delivery?
After the credit procedure is completed, we are able to schedule a delivery within 2-3 business days
- If I am a will call customer and need a propane delivery the same day, holiday or weekends are there any charges?
Yes. If you request a delivery the same day, then a delivery charge would be assessed.
- Why do you run my credit?
To be on Automatic delivery, we have to have approved credit, as we are extending credit to you prior to paying. If you have a recent credit report from any of the 3 major companies (Experian, Equifax or Trans Union), then you can provide us a copy.
- Can I be on a COD basis?
Yes. You would have to pay prior to getting the delivery. We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard, or Discover.
- Can you fill a propane tank owned by another company?
No. Unfortunately, in the state of PA, the law is whoever owns the propane tank is the only company that can make the delivery. If you own the tank, then you can purchase propane from any company.
- Do you need the original “Bill of Sale” for the tank?
If you have the original “Bill of Sale” a copy would be perfect. However, we do have a form that we can provide for the customer to fill out stating “to the best of their knowledge they own the tank.”
- If I have approved credit, then “how can I pay my propane bill?”
We accept Visa, Mastercard, or Discover credit cards, check, or cash (cash only at our office). Also you can pay online through the customer portal on our website 24 hours/365 days a year.
- If I have a Pass Card account, how can I pay?
We accept check or cash for Pass Card accounts. You may also access our on-line portal and pay by E-check/ACH.
- When can I fill my BBQ tank?
The hours for filling BBQ tanks are Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard and Discover credit cards, or charge to a Sheller Pass Card account. During the week we can fill any size tank. (Ex: RV, Fork Lifts, Lawnmower, Food Trucks)
- Do you have Saturday hours for propane?
Yes. We are open Saturdays from 8am-12pm for BBQ tanks only. Payment options are CASH ONLY or a Sheller Pass Card account(card must be present).
- How can I purchase kerosene?
Kerosene may be accessed by having a Sheller Pass Card account. You can call or email us for a Pass Card application (also fillable online.)