Propane tank installation and repair involves the proper setup and maintenance of propane storage tanks, which are commonly used for heating, cooking, hot water, fireplaces, pools, generators and other appliances in residential and commercial settings.
Sheller Propane Offers Tank Installation Services:
- Site Selection: The first step in installing a propane tank is selecting an appropriate location. The site should comply with state regulations, be accessible for delivery trucks, and maintain proper clearance from buildings, ignition sources, and property lines.
- Codes and Regulations: Sheller Propane believes compliance with safety codes is crucial to ensure a safe and secure installation. All propane tanks are installed following state codes and regulations.
- Sizing the Tank: At Sheller Propane we can determine the appropriate tank size based on your propane usage requirements. Factors we consider include the number and type of appliances using propane, estimated consumption, and climate conditions.
- Tank Placement: The propane tank will be set on a stable, level surface such as a concrete pad or lintels for aboveground tanks. Underground tanks will be buried using screenings and anode to protect from corrosion. We will position the propane tank in a way that allows easy access for maintenance, filling, and safety inspections.
- Connections: Your Sheller Propane installer will connect the tank to the gas piping system, which involves installing the necessary valves, regulators, and fittings. A pressure test will be conducted to ensure there are no leaks.
Sheller Propane Offers Propane Tank Repair Services:
Propane tank repair should be performed by one of our qualified professionals due to the potentially hazardous nature of propane. Here are some common repair scenarios:
- Leak Detection and Repair: If you suspect a propane leak, it is crucial to evacuate the area, shut off your tank valve and contact a professional immediately. Call us to conduct a leak test, identify the source of the leak, and perform the necessary repairs, such as replacing faulty valves or fittings.
- Regulator Replacement: Over time, regulators s can become worn or damaged. Our propane tank specialist can assess the condition and age of the regulator and replace them if needed to maintain proper safety and functionality.
- Pressure Testing: Regular pressure testing is essential to ensure the integrity of your propane lines. Sheller’s qualified technicians will inspect for leaks, check the pressure relief valves, and conduct any necessary repairs to maintain safety.
- Anode Testing & Replacement: Anodes use cathodic protection to protect your underground tank from corrosion. Your anode should be checked every three years. Sheller Propane can test, and if needed, replace your anode to keep your tank protected. .
Remember, propane tank installation and repair involves potentially hazardous materials and procedures. Sheller Propane service technicians are licensed propane professionals who will ensure proper installation and repair of your propane tank. . We have the expertise to assess the site, handle necessary propane connections, and ensure the installation meets safety standards and your satisfaction as our customer.